We are looking for a junior Full Stack Developer to work on our SaaS app. We are based in Portland, Oregon but we’re remote until further notice. At this point, this position is for candidates in the U.S. only.
We’re a small team at a revenue-funded startup with awesome opportunities. This position is ideal for someone with a strong work ethic, an inner-sense of quality control, and ability (and desire) to really own a project and lots of room for growth.
One of the original ‘quantified self’ companies, Walker Tracker runs wellness challenges for communities, universities, Fortune 100 companies, and resellers.
Job Type: Full-time
Education: A BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience preferred
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 1 -2 years Laravel/PHP
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Excellent knowledge of QA practices and Unit testing
- Command line experience
- Composer PHP Dependency Manager
- HTML5 and CSS knowledge (We use the Bulma css library)
- Principles of responsive design knowledge
- Git (branching, merging, etc.)
- Docker and VMs
- Ability to interact daily with technical and non-technical team members
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Experience with scaling (Caching, Message/Queue systems, etc)
- Code security and data security best practices
- Data analytics (We love the quote: “That which is measured, improves.” It applies to what we do, and we want to get better at *how* we do it)
Some of the many perks of working at Walker Tracker:
- Full benefits including health insurance, PTO, paid holidays, paid sick days
- Wellness minded culture
- Awesome team
- Cell phone credit
We run a fun, relaxed workplace and emphasize getting good work done rather than putting hours in. We are looking at some awesome growth opportunities and our development team needs some help to get us there. Please send a resume and a cover letter (please do tell us about yourself) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!