During the winter months, warm meals become extra comforting. Here is a quick butternut squash soup recipe for you all to try at home. It is one of my personal favorites, and is perfect to pair with a green salad or roasted veggies. This recipe is from Wellness Mama.
Ingredients you will need (6-8 servings):
• 1 butternut squash
• 1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
• 1 cup chicken or veggie stalk (plus more to thin soup of needed)
• 1 sweet onion
• 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ½ teaspoon garlic
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• A sprinkle of thyme
1. Cut top and bottom off of butternut squash and use knife to carefully cut remaining skin off.
2. Cut in half and scoop out seeds (they are great roasted!)
3. Chop squash into small cubes and dice onion.
4. In a large stock pot, melt the butter and add diced onion.
5. Saute 3 minutes until starting to soften and add squash.
6. Saute an additional 5 minutes until squash starts to brown.
7. Add coconut milk, stock, and spices and bring to simmer.
8. Simmer about 20 minutes until soft.
9. Use a blender or hand blender to puree until smooth.
10. Serve warm or make ahead to reheat for a fast meal addition.